Dow Introduces New Polypropylene Grades for Rigid Packaging Converters
- Suppliers of raw materials
Dow Europe announced the commercial availability of four polypropylene-based products for rigid packaging converters in Europe, expanding its family of INSPIRE™ Performance Polymers with differentiated grades that offer performance and processing advantages for specific rigid packaging applications. The key applications targeted by these grades include thermoformed food trays, large bulk containers, food saving containers, and buckets and pails.
"European rigid packaging converters are increasing their reliance on innovative materials to sustain competitive advantage in these challenging market conditions," said Fabrice Digonnet, European rigid packaging market manager for Dow Europe GmbH. "These four INSPIRE grades can bring specific technical options to the converters enabling them to adapt to rapidly changing requirements from the value chain".
The four grades introduced today are:
• INSPIRE™ 147, designed for high throughput production of thermoformed rigid packaging applications where lower cycle times and dimensional stability are required. This grade is suitable for use in food trays, vending cups, dairy pots and blister packaging. It offers good optical properties and stiffness; optics and toughness at low temperature can also be improved through blending options.
• INSPIRE™ 150, designed for injection molded bulk container applications where excellent toughness and high impact performance at very low temperatures is required. This grade is suitable for use in large part containers and boxes. Blending options are available to improve toughness at low temperature if required.
• INSPIRE™ 364, designed for injection molded thin wall food saving containers where excellent taste and odor performance, very good optics and an attractive balance of stiffness and toughness is required. This grade is suitable for use in sensitive food applications, food savers and lids, and caps and closures.
• INSPIRE™ 702, designed for injection molded container applications where long-term antistatic performance and excellent mold release is required. This grade is suitable for use in buckets, pails and household containers. The low dust pick-up performance of INSPIRE 702 can improve the aesthetics of molded pieces.
All four grades of INSPIRE mentioned above comply with European Commission Directive 2002/72/EC (as amended).
- achív DOW